Friday 5 June 2009

In The Era of Robots

In these modern times, the world has so much to thank for. Technology that helps accelerate production, efficiency and even push the human brain to more extremes. That results in higher development that sprouts with a purpose to do good for the planet.

After watching the latest episode of 'Apprentice' (I know I do watch too much TV), Sir Alan Sugar and his trusted associates came to a conclusion after a series of back-breaking interviews, that Kate is a little too 'robotic'. Now let me define that. In that grueling interview
sequence where all the finalists had to go through tough criticism and controversial questions from the associates, Kate was the perfect composure with perfectly strung answers and facial expressions.

I thought to myself, hey, I would ace any interview too! What's wrong with giving the perfect answers if that's what you really meant? I think the key to this portrayal is to mean it. Body language, facial expressions and tone all have to be in compliance with the words that are flowing out of your mouth. Maybe Kate wasn't convincing enough. Maybe she showed too little emotion.

If a person has a great personality and a good sense of humour, he or she should well be honoured and worshipped. I think I've got a strange sense of humour, and I'm not very good with children of a certain age category. I just can't bring myself to communicate fluently with them; does that categorize me as being 'robotic'? Surely being a foreigner in a different land, I would be inclined to try my hardest?

Robotic or not, I still think I'm very creative, sporty and passionate about the arts. I don't care how I may come across to my inner Cheryl because I've got so much to live for. It's tiring to be constantly conscious of how others view you. So stop and move on.

No comments:

Post a Comment