Saturday 16 May 2009

My Life Would Suck Without You... Really?

The first song that stuck in my head this morning when I woke up was Kelly Clarkson's new single, "My Life Would Suck Without You".

At first when my brother passed me the music video, I wasn't feeling refreshed. The usual relationship scenario, boy and girl happy together, then boy and girl fight and alot of Kelly 'hair flicking grabbing mic stand' action... And then the title stuck out like a sore thumb, or rather, like sheep on a green field cos' they look like pieces of scrunched up paper thrown about. First thought: Has an American Idol champion any need to resort to naming her song "My Life Would Suck Without You"? The American-ness was too obvious. Who else in the world would call their song that? And the album cover, literal isn't it? Imagination is dead.

However I must say, the tune's pretty catchy after some time (That's why it was randomly stuck in my head this morning.)

Kelly really needs to hire a new lyricist.

No comments:

Post a Comment