Thursday 9 July 2009

Here Fishy Fishy Fish!

I'm not sure if I can ever eat fish again.

I remember the time when I stopped eating pork, because I'd watched a documentary showing how pigs were slaughtered, and I also thought they were rather cute (cartoon pigs). So for about 7 years I hadn't eaten pork.

I detest lamb because of the smell, I don't eat beef in huge chunks (steak) and mutton is just a no no.
The only meats then left to eat are white meat -chicken and fish- so I honestly don't have much to choose from.

Shockingly, I've been cutting down on fish in the past year. Maybe it was due to working in Ambon, Indonesia, where witnessing the local fishermen pulling in the catch was a daily ritual. On top of that, we had to go diving after and see fish again (at least they were alive). We had fish everyday for lunch and dinner too. I think by the end of it, I got quite sick of the smell, sight and taste of 'dead' fishy fish.

Nowadays, I only eat fish that's cooked in batter (fish 'n' chips), or non-fishy fish dishes... Fish cooked with the scales on makes me cringe, and fish that taste too fishy makes me nauseous.

I might as well turn vegetarian.

No comments:

Post a Comment