Friday 25 June 2010

UK Border Causes Depression and Fear!!!

Talk about human rights. Talk about being a fair and democratic nation.
Why would the UK separate a couple in love at the border?

I was refused entry into the country because the Fiji Immigration department failed to stamp my passport correctly, and as I did not have the facilitation letter with me, this led to the presumption that I worked illegally in Fiji when me and my partner have proper work permits, paid tax to the government and were perfectly legit!

All I wanted was to spend a few months holidaying with him and his family, to see if I'd really like to live there and spend our future
together there. He was going to set up his business and of course, I have to be there, I'm his girlfriend! We were booked on camping and caravan trips in Cornwall and Cotswolds as well, which has now all gone to waste. I am not a criminal, I am a bloody tourist!

Now officer #8461 of the UK Border at London-Heathrow Terminal 4, I hope you are reading this, and I hope you feel ashamed. You have ruined two persons future plans and put a standstill on our relationship by separating us. I have been slipping into depression and deep distress ever since that fateful 21st of June 2010. We have bright plans for the future and now it's all been upset because of your inability to discern right from wrong, genuine from false. You even refused to let me call my embassy, saying you'd already ruled the decision! What lies! I am a Singaporean and we are in the Commonwealth; is this what happens to us? When my boyfriend asked if I will get into the same situation again the next time I enter, you said, "It depends on the officer." So what you're saying is it's nothing to do with the case? It depends on whether the officer is in a good mood or not? What kind of double standards is that?

Now I'm getting all my forms sorted out with my ex-boss in Fiji
for a new application which has no guarantee of being granted and I await the day I can rub my work permit in your face, debunking all claims that I had no documentation to prove I worked in Fiji. You said I was unemployed when I said I'm self-employed and freelance; that is utter disrespect for my job! You slandered me. No one would grant us an audience and we are being tossed around like toys, calling up the UK Border Agency from the UK only to discover they were not interested.

I fear the UK now when I used to love it so much. The dynamic multi-cultural cities, green fields and rich culture, beautiful coastline, awe-inspiring ancient monuments and architecture. Unfortunately you have given me a bad impression of the country and changed how I feel towards it. My mother has taught me not to hate. I have practiced well and am learning to cultivate myself in compassion, kindness and love.

But you are the first person in my life that I hate. #8461.

No comments:

Post a Comment