Sunday 29 November 2009

Leftie

It's been sometime since I've written... And of all days I have to choose today.

Had a freak accident yesterday when my right thumb got caught in between one toppling concrete block and another. It was really really painful! Tears were pouring out of my eyes uncontrollably. Now with a blood clot in the left side of my thumbnail, I'm learning to be ambidextrous.

The toughest is trying to button with your left. And writing of course; it made my usually neat handwriting look like a kindergarten scrawl. I tried to neaten my eyebrows yesterday and just gripping the tweezers in between my fingers was such agony. Tying my hair into a ponytail was just too painful. Hitting the spacebar on my QWERTY keyboard was almost impossible if I didn't do it sideways. Simple everyday tasks just seem so difficult now. Although
being left-handed, I found, wasn't that hard after all (if you use the rest of the four fingers on your right hand effectively).

But I'm determined. Ambidexterity, here I come.

No comments:

Post a Comment